This is not a genre I have been into for a really long time, but lately I have been on a big country kick. Partly because my dad listens to it all the time and I have been home and because my job plays country consistently, but maybe for a different reason that I’ll keep to myself 😉 Either way, enjoy it. I know I will all summer!
This is a mix of super old ones, ones from the past few years and new songs that are big this year.
Sure Be Cool If You Did by Blake Shelton
Hurricane by Luke Combs
and I Like The Sound Of That by Rascal Flatts
I don’t even know if I can pick favorites off of this playlist, but you can clearly see that Fade Into You was important!
However, I can say that this is the most fun I’ve had discovering new music in a long time!
This month I decided to sprinkle in my love for Fleetwood Mac! Besides Fleetwood Mac being my absolute and obvious favorite tracks on this playlist, here are my favorite singles:
- Bridge Burn by Little Comets
- ‘Cause I’m A Man – Tame Impala
- Call Me Up – Knox Hamilton
Look at me being right on time with posting!!!! I didn’t have any inspiration to make this playlist until two days ago, but sometimes the best playlists are born in the spur of a moment. Never the less, I am proud of how this one turned out.
Do You – Spoon
What You Know – Two Door Cinema Club
The Less I Know The Better – Tame Impala
I Can’t Control Myself – Strange Names
(and OBVIOUSLY any song by Flor) but I feel like at this point, that’s a given so it can go unspoken.
ALSO: Keep an eye out for a new poem post this month!
Well … better late than never, am I right?
My favorites this month are extensive:
Where do you go? – Flor
Unsaid – Flor
Million Bucks – Smallpools
Trip Switch – Nothing but Thieves
and 2U – David Guetta & JB
My favorite band just released their first ever album and I am over the moon about it!! I have included more than one of their songs on this playlist as well as many other playlists in the past! I am linking their Spotify page here and I also want to include their band homepage here as well. I hope you love them as much as I do! (Help me convince them to come play in D.C.!!!!)
And as always, my Spotify playlist:
I’ll love you like no other.
I’ll take a long time getting ready just to hear you nag,
I’ll make you ride in the car with me so I’m not alone,
and I’ll make you listen to my obscure music
and play it until you know every word by heart.
I’ll beg you to take me out for ice cream
and make you get me doughnuts in the morning,
then be a pain to wake up when you get back.
I’ll list a ton of places for us to travel to,
I’ll hold your hand despite the sweatiness of it,
and turn the heat on high with the windows all the way down.
I’ll complain about how the yellow starbursts are underappreciated,
and convince you to let me do your makeup,
I’ll annoy the hell out of you
just for the fun of it and because I know I can.
I’ll ignore you so you’ll apologize first,
but then give in because I can’t stand not talking to you.
I’ll drag you out of bed at one o’clock in the morning to cook eggs
and make you dance around the kitchen with me
even though you’d rather be in bed,
wrapped in blankets, sleeping soundly.
But I’ll also tell you this much:
I’ll love you like no other.
I’ll wake up early without being asked
just so I can make you breakfast.
I’ll rub your back because you deserve it
and run my fingers through your hair until you fall asleep.
I’ll admire you when you aren’t watching
and deny it when I’m caught.
I’ll surprise you with little things
like coffee, lunch, or those you suggest
just to let you know I listen.
I’ll spontaneously adventure with you until we run out of places to go.
I’ll put aside my wants for your needs
and worry about whether or not you’re safe when I’m not with you.
I’ll cross oceans for you
so you never have to wonder how much I love you.
I’ll never promise not to be difficult,
not to drive you crazy, but
I’ll love you unconditionally,
and I’ll love you like no other.
Thanks for coming to see me. Thanks for always brightening my day. Thanks for feeding me ice soaked with red dye. Thanks for being my other half. Can’t wait to see you again in 1 month and then spend 4 together. ❤
(Snow Palace in York, Pennsylvania)
To Sweet, Love Sass.
Photo by Andrew Haselden
I knew you had to go,
but it didn’t feel time,
so I sat quietly and watched you leave.
Words couldn’t make you stay,
words couldn’t make you return.
So in the silence I waited
for a change that was far-flung.
Days grew grey.
And I was okay with that.
It grew to be my favorite color.
I dressed in grey,
as I lived in grey.
It was comforting,
but that was because I could choose it.
Grey became a lifestyle,
no longer a choice,
but an actual way of life.
I became grey.
So I changed my name to Grey to suit me.
The color surrounded me like a storm,
fierce, yet calming.
The world closed in,
soon be, nothing but my loneliness.
I lied in a world that had lied to me
and let it take me as it came.
“It’s fine.” And it is.
But I all became weak,
with my soul a burst of color.
I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I get excited when I see people recommend products they like because that means there’s a chance that I might like them too. So here are five things I really love, and a couple of them are probably products that you’ve never even heard of. Let me know in the comments if any of you tried or liked any of them!
- Ponds bio-hydrate hydrating cream. Having said what I did about the pore tightening, you will need to moisturize because it dries out your skin. Ponds is fresh smelling and doesn’t leave behind an oily feel. My skin takes it in so fast, letting me know that it’s been hydrated right then and there.
- Neutrogena make-up remover pads. Again, I really love this product because it’s a lot less oily than bottled remover. I have very sensitive eyes which are constantly watering and giving my issues, so it was really nice to finally find a make-up remover that didn’t irritate them.
- Bag Balm. So, this product was actually created as an ointment to massage into cow udders, but PLEASE bear with me. Bag Balm contains lanolin that stays on for long-lasting moisture and my family has been using this as Chap Stick for as long as I can remember. I’m not going to lie, it smells really funny and Mary Kate hates whenever I put it on and refuses to use it, but I promise you it really works! I can’t even remember the last time I asked for Chap Stick over Bag Balm. This is going to sound even worse, but this can only be purchased at hardware stores. Weird, right? You can get it in two sizes and while it’s kind of expensive, it lasts you forever as long as you don’t lose it.
- Maybelline Fit Me! Matte +Poreless Foundation. This one isn’t really a care product, it’s a make-up product, obviously, but this changed my life as did the rest of them, so I had to include it. I have really oily skin so when I found a foundation that came in a color light enough to match my skin, (Ha, ha, go ahead and make the jokes about how pale I am. I’m sure I have heard them all before.) I was so excited. I’m eighteen and have tried a lot of different foundations, but this one is by far the best one ever. Fit Me Matte +Poreless was designed for normal to oily skin and whenever I wear this, I never have problems with my skin feeling oily or worn out during the day. I don’t have perfect skin, but after I started using this product, I received so many compliments on it. (I was even interrupted by a classmate while I was in the middle of a college presentation because she wanted to know what foundation I wore.) So, yes. I would recommend this foundation to anyone, and have already.
~ xo abigail
I wish to dance as they in the sky,
the thin air ringing to keep them alive.
Their fable is beauty, so chilled and up high,
as are the heavens in which they all thrive.
They leave behind a wonderland fleece,
which leaves me in tears whenever it cease.
By and by, admire do I,
for the rhythm’s a sight that captivates eyes.
Waving goodbye they dance through the night,
hidden by darkness, but never gone quite.
Until tomorrow I’ll dream of their dance,
where maybe we’ll both fade into expanse.
~ xo abigail
Photo by my adorable friend, Anna Jones