I love music. I mean, I really love it. I was born to love it. I have it running into me through my ears and eyes, through my soul and veins, and out my mouth and fingertips. It’s every part of who I am. It gets me through the day. It saves me as I save it to my library on Spotify. It motivates me and helps me discover who I am and gives me passion for creativity. Just hearing a single line flowing together in just the right way makes me fall in love with a song instantly. It helps me to feel all the emotions I have buried deep inside, even if I don’t necessarily want to feel them. It creates a release for them. It puts me at the ease I so desperately need some days. There are so many different types of music. Music that makes you wanna dance and music that makes you wanna cry. Music that makes you wanna laugh and music that makes you wanna scream. Music that helps you fall asleep and there is music that lets you dream. It fills every corner. I can’t rid the need for it in my life. Music is so important to me and it captures all the words that I am somehow unable to come up with myself and displays them just the way I hoped they would be. It’s amazing how the perfect combination of notes and rhythms can create such a lively feeling inside of you.
I am literally obsessed with these two songs from Ariana Grande’s new album Dangerous Woman. I played the album at 6:45 the morning on my way to work after the album came out and these two stuck out to me most. I immediately played them on repeat when I heard them and then did the same thing on my way home! Congrats on your new music Ari! I hope at least one person loves them as much as I do. ❤ They’ll definitely be on my June playlist 😉
Sooo Happy Valentine’s Day guys! I know it’s the fifteenth and this post has nothing to do with Valentine’s Day, but here’s some things about me in case you’re curious!
- Obviously this was going to be first, but I am scared of mayonnaise. It just really freaks me out and I won’t do anything that has to do with it. It’s so disgusting.
- I played travel softball for 10 years as well as t-ball for 2 years when I was little.
- I have a really big problem with my eyes watering. It’s a 24 hour ordeal and I swear it’s because they’re blue.
- I am obsessed with Iceland. I will go one day and when I do, you’ll never hear the end of it.
- I love holidays. I have Pinterest boards dedicated to each holiday filled with crafts and cute food ideas.
- I didn’t ride my first BIG rollercoaster until I was 17.
- I’m constantly asked if my hair color is natural. (It is by the way.)
- For a long time I went by Abbey, but I have decided I don’t like it anymore. Only two people in my life called me Gail and I love them for it. (Call me Abbey and Mary Kate will have to kill herself due to my excessive rants about it.)
- In high school, I was in a pop A Cappella group that won a really big competition. I’ll love you forever Fully Charged.
- I don’t have a favorite color so I just stick with black and white.
- I hate doing my hair because I’m bad at it.
- I am not a dog person at all, but am determined to have a Boston Terrier one day.
- I love how it smells when it rains. It’s so satisfying.
- I LOVE the snow and winter is my favorite season.
- I am the most indecisive person to ever walk the planet.
- I have been to Canada, Mexico, and France. (And hopefully Iceland one day.)
- I talk to myself way too much. If you ask me if I’m talking to myself and I say no, I’m probably lying.
- I went through a major Avril Lavigne phase in middle school. I was determined to be just like her.
- I have the biggest family in the entire world. I have over 40 cousins in my generation just on one side of my family.
- A 1987 Volkswagen beetle is my dream car. The first one I ever saw was in Montana when I was 14, I still have a picture of it, and I’ve been in love ever since. (It was orange.)
- My grandfather was a pilot in the navy and now owns two private planes. This began my love for flying and I’ve even flown one of his planes myself. (He was in the plane with me of course.)
- My grandfather is my role model. He’s my favorite person ever.
- I only like chocolate sometimes. It’s a wishy washy situation.
- When I was in elementary school, a poem I wrote was selected to be published in a children’s poetry book. Guys, I’m a published author. To be honest, I have no idea what the name of that book is or where it is, but I do remember what my poem was about.
- One time in gym, I knocked my elementary school best friend’s front teeth out during a game of kickball and we still laugh about it… I hope. She definitely still holds it against me.
I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I get excited when I see people recommend products they like because that means there’s a chance that I might like them too. So here are five things I really love, and a couple of them are probably products that you’ve never even heard of. Let me know in the comments if any of you tried or liked any of them!
- Ponds bio-hydrate hydrating cream. Having said what I did about the pore tightening, you will need to moisturize because it dries out your skin. Ponds is fresh smelling and doesn’t leave behind an oily feel. My skin takes it in so fast, letting me know that it’s been hydrated right then and there.
- Neutrogena make-up remover pads. Again, I really love this product because it’s a lot less oily than bottled remover. I have very sensitive eyes which are constantly watering and giving my issues, so it was really nice to finally find a make-up remover that didn’t irritate them.
- Bag Balm. So, this product was actually created as an ointment to massage into cow udders, but PLEASE bear with me. Bag Balm contains lanolin that stays on for long-lasting moisture and my family has been using this as Chap Stick for as long as I can remember. I’m not going to lie, it smells really funny and Mary Kate hates whenever I put it on and refuses to use it, but I promise you it really works! I can’t even remember the last time I asked for Chap Stick over Bag Balm. This is going to sound even worse, but this can only be purchased at hardware stores. Weird, right? You can get it in two sizes and while it’s kind of expensive, it lasts you forever as long as you don’t lose it.
- Maybelline Fit Me! Matte +Poreless Foundation. This one isn’t really a care product, it’s a make-up product, obviously, but this changed my life as did the rest of them, so I had to include it. I have really oily skin so when I found a foundation that came in a color light enough to match my skin, (Ha, ha, go ahead and make the jokes about how pale I am. I’m sure I have heard them all before.) I was so excited. I’m eighteen and have tried a lot of different foundations, but this one is by far the best one ever. Fit Me Matte +Poreless was designed for normal to oily skin and whenever I wear this, I never have problems with my skin feeling oily or worn out during the day. I don’t have perfect skin, but after I started using this product, I received so many compliments on it. (I was even interrupted by a classmate while I was in the middle of a college presentation because she wanted to know what foundation I wore.) So, yes. I would recommend this foundation to anyone, and have already.
~ xo abigail
Happiness isn’t a feeling, it’s a choice. Starting now and for the rest of my life, I am choosing to be happy.
Below are ten things that I believe will make me a happier person:
- Find something positive in everything you do and remove activities that aren’t. If you don’t feel like you are doing something worth your while, then at least you can say you tried. But before putting that task to rest, make sure you gave it 110% of your effort and named one positive reason for why you did it in the first place. If you can’t recognize why you started doing it, then maybe you shouldn’t be. Along with this, you should remove any activities from your life that make it unpleasant. Don’t do something just because someone else wants you to, do it because YOU want to.
- Forget the past. There are going to be things from your past you aren’t proud of. The sooner you acknowledge that they were mistakes, the sooner you will be able to forgive yourself and move on. Holding onto the past causes emotional burden. Focus on channeling all your energy into a positive future.
- Set goals and be organized. Please, please, please set goals for yourself. Travelling, academics, work, anything!!! Make sure that you have something in mind that you want to work for. Everything you do required a little bit of work. It will be worth it. Don’t let your life get boring and do not get lazy! Once you set goals, create some sort of method to achieving this goal. Stay organized and on task!
- Build and break relationships. Ask yourself if being friends with someone is making you, or breaking you. Do your friends do things that are considered morally wrong? Do your friends say bad things about you? Are your friends considerate of your feelings? Are they honest with you? Do they make you feel better about yourself or worse? These are all things to think about when you’re picking friends or contemplating whether or not you should stay friends with someone. Strive to put yourself around people that make you a better person.
- Stop and find something to be thankful for. Every day, look around you and count all the opportunities that you’ve been given and all the relationships you’ve had. Think about what you got out of those relationships whether it was a lesson on what not to do, or whether it brought out a good trait in you. Be thankful for your family and a free country and for all the people in your life that have sacrificed things for you. Consider what you have compared to what others don’t and remember that you are blessed. Those are the things that got you where you are today.
- Visualize your “best possible self.” Take the first few minutes of your day to sit in front of the mirror and really get to know yourself. Picture who you want to be and act on it. Having an idea of who you want to be will help you become that person. Make the most of yourself. You aren’t ever going to be perfect. No one is, but you can’t truly love anyone until you know how to love and accept yourself the way you are.
- Make others happy. People say that giving is better than receiving and there has never been a more true statement. Seeing the joy on someone’s face due to your thoughtfulness is the best feeling ever. Giving compliments is the smallest thing, but can have the biggest impact on someone’s self-esteem. Letting someone know that they can trust you builds relationships that can last a lifetime.
- Be encouraging. Letting go of selfishness begins your journey with compassion. Put others before yourself, even your enemies. Always leave someone better than you found them. This goes hand in hand with treating people the way you would want to be treated. (Matthew 7:12) Dragging others down doesn’t make you feel better in the long run. It’s just a temporary escape that puts others in the place that you are trying to escape from.
- Embrace new experiences. Don’t be afraid to try new things because the last new thing you tried didn’t go well. Going out on a limb for yourself and stepping outside your comfort zone is scary sometimes, yes, but you’ll never discover certain parts of you without new experiences. Remember, everything you’ve done in the past had a first try to it and there are so many things you enjoy doing already.
- Eat how to want to feel. This one sounds weird, but developing a healthy diet will give you the energy you need to be happy. To feel good, you have to eat well. “Eat good, feel good.”
My vow to happiness
From here on and throughout my life, I, Abigail Richardson, vow to recognize the positives in my life and remove all negatives and forget the past in order to build myself a positive future. I vow to be productive and set goals for myself to create that path and embrace new experiences to challenge myself along the way to self-discovery. I vow to love myself to become the person I visualize myself to be and encourage others to become their best self as well. I vow to be encouraging and put others first in order to find my compassionate side and make them happy. I vow to only hang onto relationships that better my personality and be thankful for those I have around me. Lastly, I vow to take care of my body and to treat it the way I want to feel. I, Abigail Richardson, vow to be happy.
I challenge you to make vows with your happiness
Or even better, write your own! You’re more than welcome to use my vow and to follow my guide, but your vow should correspond with YOU! Don’t be afraid to make big, important changes in your life if they’re bettering you as a whole. So go ahead and use the blank vow below or create your own guide and vow!
From here on and throughout my life, I, , vow to recognize the positives in my life and remove all negatives and forget the past in order to build myself a positive future. I vow to be productive and set goals for myself to create that path and embrace new experiences to challenge myself along the way to self-discovery. I vow to love myself to become the person I visualize myself to be and encourage others to become their best self as well. I vow to be encouraging and put others first in order to find my compassionate side and make them happy. I vow to only hang onto relationships that better my personality and be thankful for those I have around me. Lastly, I vow to take care of my body and to treat it the way I want to feel. I,
, vow to be happy.
~ xo abigail
There’s the most adorable soap shop around the corner from where I go to school called the Sunrise Soap Company. Everything in the shop is organic and made from the most wonderful smelling scents imaginable. Sunrise has a great variety of things including bath bombs, bath fizzes, incense, soap (of course), makeup, and all natural hygiene products. Every time my family comes to visit me at school, we make an effort to stop in and make our “monthly” purchases. Whenever I walk into Sunrise I am inspired by the outgoing personalities of the store, all hippie and SO seventies. Thanks Sunrise for reminding me that my body is important and for being there to provide me with products to purchase that keep my body healthy. Sunrise Soap Company link at the bottom!
Sunrise Soap Company: http://sunrisesoapco.com/